Sony has announced that it has begun to roll out the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update for the XPERIA Z3 and the XPERIA Z3 Compact.
Sony announced on its official blog:
UPDATE: First scripts for Android 5.0; Lollipop are now rolling from today for Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet & Z3 Tablet Compact
We’re starting our Android 5.0, Lollipop upgrade from today for Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact.
You’ll see the upgrade hit first devices in the Nordics and Baltics, continuing to further markets, for more Xperia Z Series products, starting in around two weeks time* – we’ll share the latest here, as it happens.
After blending Google’s first Lollipop release with our Sony software, some of the goodies include;
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
Be sure to follow the blog and @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as our rollout continues.
*Timing and availability may vary by market and/or carrier
Is your Sony XPERIA Z3 or Sony XPERIA Z3 Compact now running Lollipop? Let us know through a comment on our Phones LTD Facebook page.