The unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is fast approaching, and we’ve been coming across a sea of leaks that claim to spill the beans on the upcoming devices. Now, alleged press renders of the device have been leaked.
The alleged press renders of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the larger Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge come to us courtesy of master leakster Evan Blass (popularly known as @evleaks on Twitter). Normally, we’d tell you to take unconfirmed reports with a pinch of salt, but Blass has a good reputation of leaking accurate information on yet to be announced devices, which means we could be looking at the real deal.
Here’s what we’ve learned so far:
- microSD card slots (us much as 200 GB)
- IP76 certification (dust- and water-resistant)
- 5.1-inch flat Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (Quad HD) for the Samsung Galaxy S7
- 5.5-inch curved Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (Quad HD)
- 2,600 mAh non-removable battery for the Samsung Galaxy S7
- 3,600 mAh non-removable battery for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- wireless charging for both devices
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC for markets such as the US and China
- Samsung Exynos 8890 SoC for international markets (version headed to the UK)
- 4 GB of RAM
- 32 GB and 64 GB internal storage options
- 128 GB option should be available in select markets
- reversible USB Type-C port
- larger 12-megapixel BRITECELL rear-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture (an upgrade to the 16-megapixel camera with f/1.9 aperture of the Galaxy S6 despite the smaller megapixel count)
- no more rear camera hump
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera for snapping selfies and video chat
- colour options include black, white, and gold
Samsung is expected to lift the lid on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on the 21st of February in Barcelona, Spain – a day before Mobile World Congress 2016. LG is also expected to officially unveil its next flagship on the 21st of February.
Like what you see? Let us know through a comment on our Phones LTD Facebook page.