Sony has announced that it is beginning to roll out the Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) update to the XPERIA Z and XPERIA Z1 series as well.
New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update – [UPDATED]
We’ve started rolling out a new firmware release for Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 & Xperia Z2 Tablet*. After making Android Lollipop 5.0 available for these smartphones, you posted feature requests and feedback on a few items here on the community. We are really grateful for that and as we’re keen to ensure that all our software is as good as it can possibly be, we’ve addressed these & improved on a few things.
Along with performance and stability tweaks / improvements, here’s a rundown of what’s fixed and included – we’ve:
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
This Android 5.0 Lollipop update is now rolling out for Xperia Z1 series as well. This includes Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra.
Is your Sony device now running Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)? Let us know through a comment on our Phones LTD Facebook page.