Sony has announced that the Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update rollout for the XPERIA Z2 and XPERIA Z3 series of devices has begun.
New Android 5.0, Lollipop firmware update for the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z2 Series
We’ve started rolling out a new firmware release for Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 & Xperia Z2 Tablet*. After making Android Lollipop 5.0 available for these smartphones, you posted feature requests and feedback on a few items here on the community. We are really grateful for that and as we’re keen to ensure that all our software is as good as it can possibly be, we’ve addressed these & improved on a few things.
Along with performance and stability tweaks / improvements, here’s a rundown of what’s fixed and included – we’ve:
- Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage
- Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once
- Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications
- Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”
- Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)
- Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode
— Sony Xperia News (@SonyMobileNews) May 5, 2015
Are you now enjoying Lollipop on your XPERIA Z2 or XPERIA Z3 series device? Let us know through a comment on our Phones LTD Facebook page.