Last month, reliable SamMobile showed us a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android build LRW58J, an earlier build of Android 5.0 (Lollipop). Now the site shows us the smartphone running a more updated build, build LRX02E (screenshots and video below). This is an indication that the Korean tech giant will soon roll out the update to the public.
List of changes:
- New Note 4 fingerprint lock screen
- New system-wide font — similar to the original one, but a tad thinner.
- New animations, much smoother than before — there’s a screen off animation present as well.
- Google Search bar in recents menu
- Brightness slider in notification centre has a new yellow colour — while changing the brightness, the notification centre disappears and allows the user to view the content beneath it.
- Removed “Interruptions” from Sound settings
- Gallery: Media can be sorted using new filters including Pets, Events, Scenery, Documents, Food, Vehicles and Flowers.
- Music: Improved UI
- Clock: Navigation bar icons are now accompanied by text
- Calculator: Removed square grids which surrounded the numbers and symbols
- Contacts: New search box
- Stock Material Design inspired applications receive colored status bar
- Android Lollipop theme’s core green elements replaced with Samsung’s blue colour
- Settings: Improved UI, new icon colours
- New UI for setting wallpaper from home screen
- Better spacing between options in power off dialog
Samsung promised the Lollipop would be available for the Galaxy S5 before the end of the year. Phones LTD will let you know once the update goes live.