The first smartphone with a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor under the hood is here. Say hello to the Snapdragon MDP Smartphone. Not only does this beast come with the most powerful processor Qualcomm has to offer, it also comes with 4GB of RAM and a 6.17-inch Quad HD (1440 x 2560 pixels) screen.
Here are the official specs:
- Snapdragon 810 (8994)
- 64-bit octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 430 GPU
- Qualcomm Hexagon V56 DSP
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi 2.5 GHz/5 GHz
- Bluetooth 4.1, Qualcomm® IZat™ Gen8C GPS, NFC
- 6.17” QHD (2560×1600) 490ppi
- 10-finger multi-touch capacitive touchscreen
- 4 GB LP-DDR4
- 32 GB eMMC 5.0
- Rear: 13 MP with OIS, Dual LED flash (4K at 30 fps, 1080p @ 60fps)
- Front: 4 MP AF(1080p at 120 fps)
- 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyro
- 3-axis magnetometer (compass)
- Ambient light sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Pressure sensor
- Temperature and humidity sensor
- UV sensor
- Mobeam sensor
- Headset jack with ANC support
- 8 microphones (2 analog/ 6 digital) with support for Qualcomm Fluence™ Pro technology and Snapdragon™ digital pen technology
- Ultrasound emitter for gesture applications
- Mono speaker
- 3020 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 support when used with optional HVDCP charger
- Home (soft key)
- Fingerprint reader (back side)
- Tri-color status/notification LED
- Micro SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (OTG)
- Micro HDMI (Type D)
- 3.5 mm headset jack with ANC support
- MicroSD card slot (under battery door)
As for its OS, the MDP Smartphone runs Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Qualcomm’s smartphone is in no way slim. It’s rather bulky, which is understandable since it does pack a lot of muscle.
Now let’s talk about price. Be ready to shell out a lot of your hard-earned cash, as the MDP Smartphone costs $800 (around £510). If you’re interested in getting your hands on one of these, you can pre-order the smartphone here. Shipping starts in mid-December.
Planning to get your hands on the Snapdragon MDP Smartphone? Let us know through a comment on our Phones LTD Facebook page.