We learned back in October which smartphones made by Motorola would be updated to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Unfortunately, the list did not include the Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen, which left a lot of the smartphones’ owners feeling disappointed. It seems that the initial list was incomplete, as Motorola has now included the Moto E 2nd Gen to the list of devices that will be updated to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen to get Marshmallow treatment
This was revealed in a recent post on Motorola‘s official blog.
Here’s the updated list of smartphones to be updated to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow):
- 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (3rd gen)
- 2015 Moto X Style (3rd gen)
- 2015 Moto X Play
- 2015 Moto G (3rd gen)
- 2014 Moto X Pure Edition in the US (2nd gen)
- 2014 Moto X in Latin America, Canada, Europe and Asia2 (2nd gen)
- 2014 Moto G and Moto G with 4G LTE2 (2nd gen)
- DROID Turbo
- 2014 Moto MAXX
- 2014 Moto Turbo
- Nexus 6
- Moto X Force
- DROID Turbo 2
- DROID Maxx 2
- 2015 Moto E with 4G LTE in Latin America, Canada, Europe and Asia2 (2nd Gen)
Sadly, not all regions where the Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen is available will be getting the Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update. China is excluded from the list. The US was not mentioned. Fortunately, the updated list includes Europe, which means the update will be available to units in the UK.
Here are the new features to be included in the update:
- Doze Mode — This new feature monitors your phone and puts it into a deep sleep when it’s not being used, which can extend battery life substantially.
- Now on Tap — We love Google Now, and it’s improved in Android M. Simply long press the home button to bring up the Google Now feature and display information based on whatever you’re doing at the time.
- Android Pay — Android M allows you to bring up Android Pay with a simple tap and easily make purchases without having to open a separate app.
- Direct Share — Share your photos, news, links, etc. with your favorite contacts easily and quickly.
- Simpler volume controls — A more intuitive way to control ringtone and media volume.
To recap, the entry-level Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen features a 4.5-inch screen with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. Under the hood is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 SoC for the ordinary version, while the 4G LTE version features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC. 1 GB of RAM is on board. It features 8 GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot for additional storage options. Its camera combo consists of a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a VGA front-facing camera.
Want to know when your Motorola Moto E 2nd Gen will be updated to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)? Keep it here at Phones LTD for further announcements.